So here at my lovely job I have the rare..."opportunity"...of being bored...OFTEN. I used to find much pleasure in this boredom because I have plenty of time for the news, blogs, a little sudoku, etc. Plenty of "me time" you could say. But lately the opportunities have been coming a little, ok a lot too often. I am starting to get bored out of my mind. I can't complain too much because I'm currently being paid to browse the blog world and snack on a chocolate chip muffin...but let me just give you a taste of how desperate for entertainment I am starting to sink.
First, I am a regular visitor of ksl.com. Yes it's nice to be up to date on your lovely news of utah. But that will only entertain me for about 10 minutes...even when I read the comments posted by some very interesting readers. So I usually voyage off to the Classifieds under "Free Stuff"...now before you get all weird on me, I don't actually plan to go get any of this stuff...it is just HIGHLY entertaining to see what people actually try to give away. My top 3 as of late would be
1- Half of a bottle of Pert Plus Shampoo and Conditioner...the seller says..." we bought this shampoo and used it for a while and then realized it wasn't the right kind...so you're welcome to come and pick up the rest...first come first serve"....on a HALF A BOTTLE OF SHAMPOO....who would really go get that?!
2- Jumbo pack of 500 condoms....now obviously I have no use for these...but the article by the seller said this " jumbo pack 500 condoms for free...pick them up anytime...my girl is pregnant so we have no use for these anymore..." who is going to pick these up? First it would be akward, and second obviously they don't work if she is pregnant....
3- And last but not least, this one my roomie showed me... "3 candy canes"...the seller says "we were cleaning our house and found these leftover candy canes...I think they are strawberry...we also have a tootsie pop if you are interested"...I don't want to sound wasteful...but honestly..it is September...throw them away!!!
So as you can see it can be quite entertaining...if you are bored enough. My other favorite is a website my boy showed me called how stuff works ...it is full of well as it says, how stuff works, and then lists of random inventions and things. Today's list I found quite interesting is top 10 wacky inventions for the home...seriously...some of these would be quite interesting...these are my two favs but you can see the whole list for yourself
here... top 10
First we have the "Swiss Army Bathroom" which is complete with a toilet at the bottom, then a sink, two storage bins, and then two shower heads which you can turn to whatever direction you want. I guess if you don't have a lot of space...this is the bathroom for you!
And my second favorite is the "Pool PC" ....this is made especially for Dave. You can lay in the pool...which he loves...and be surfing the internet...which he also loves...at the same time! It is made of floatable water proof material, solar powered so you don't have to worry about the whole plug situation...and its a touch screen so you don't need a keyboard too. It also has bluetooth...wireless internet...and a thing to make it attach to anysize intertube. I definitely want one.
So as you can see...even if you are bored out of your mind at work...enough to have your homework done for the whole week..by 10 am on Monday...and to be the fastest sudoku doer ever because you have so much practice...you can find some interesting things to entertain you everyday. Gotta love the beautiful world wide web :)


11 comments:
The CONDAMNS is Funny! I wrote it like that just because I thought it was funnier. Wahaha!
PS Stop following me to Idle Isle! GOL! :)
Oh I do remember the days of working in an office and having to be there even when there is NOTHING to do! Instant Messenger saved me. I would chat with other people who were bored at work too.
Hahahahahhaha! Oh my heck! Who would buy someones condoms honestly!!!! Hahahaha I laughed so hard... Ah that made my day. And thanks for the comment! Now we are blog buddies yay!
oh darn. I hate when my comment doesn't work and I have to start over! Well, I remember having a lot of time too to surf the net when I was pregnant. I checked out everything baby related and then started shopping...bad idea. Do they have books online that you can read? I would do that if I could. Actually checking out the free stuff may be more entertaining. :)
you should be happy that you're bored. i have to pretend to be busy all day! it's really tough to look like i'm working when all i want to do is get back to my game of Hearts. :)
Lucky!!!:) Some of us get paid by the job...:(
Oh dear! I laughed so hard! Really...half a bottle of shampoo??!! And candy canes? Once we used some candy canes to decorate the Christmas tree for a like 3 years and then Joseph tried to eat one. Yah....it was disgusting!
Truely I got a new phone as well... well mine broke so I am just borrowing one until I can get a new free one... so my number is 435-225-5841 give me a text cause I dont have your's either!
hahahaha thats freaking funny. im gonna go look right now :) i also am BORED STIFF
so i was looking and I found this one that said "my kids are not taking care of their pets and Im not going too Come get them! ya...a snail, a goldfish and a tree? Also another one for a birthday cake? nobody came to her party and she doesn't wanna throw it away? REALLY? hahaha
Speaking of being bored at work. I decided to come visit your blog. Sorry to see that my ugly toe is obfuscating that beautiful picture on your blog homepage.
Krista was right, I should have had you fill out my b-school applications for me. She's doing instead and it's taking FOREVER!
Post a Comment