Now don't get too excited. I really don't have anything to say that will excite you in any way. I've just been a very bad blogger these days so I've got to put something. I'm sitting here at work feeling like a nail...or maybe a tooth. Yes you read that correctly. You see, the bank that I work at, DFCU, dirty south branch, is in the bottom level of a new apartment building in their retail section. Sounds great right? Except for the fact that neither of the businesses on the sides of us are complete. So all day all we hear is pounding, drilling, pounding and more drilling. And its not your typical drill sound. It is usually drilling through concrete or something...so its more of a high pitched screech. Think of the dentist and how the drill does kind of a screeching echo in your mouth..that is how we feel...hence why I said I feel like a tooth. Minus the physical pain. Don't get me wrong I'm trying to like dentists now because for 1. they eventually gave me a pretty decent smile... and 2. my favorite brother in law is about to be one :)
I know I sound like I'm in a bad mood but I promise I'm not. I was just a little rediculous this morning and slept through BOTH of my alarms...yes two of them..and suddenly woke up about 5 minutes before I was supposed to be in this chair for the drilling. Oops! So i'm a little sleepy, and I didn't get my morning bagel. I love getting my regular morning bagel for Einsteins. And when I say regular I mean it. The guy that makes the bagels knows my name...and the lady that rings me up asked me if I had a twin last week. Ha ha. No its just me every other day.
So now that I'm done rambling and if anyone is still actually reading this, I'm going to post some fun pictures of our BBQ/Movie night. Except that I haven't stolen them from Dave yet so I will very soon. It was so much fun! Other than that I've just been working all day and then playing with Dave :) I'm counting down the days till we get to go to the Colin Raye/Joe Nichols/Josh Gracin concert complete with fireworks :)...and then off to Dave's family reunion in Zion. I'm needing a little vacation and I would take it anywhere. I wish it could be Nebraska too :)
So anyway thanks for listening to my random mumblings...pictures will be here soon that will be much more exciting. Can you tell we are really busy here at work...not. Oh yipee Alejandro just pulled up. My daily patience tester! Until I post the next fun pictures..enjoy this adorable one of my nephew Owen I stole from my sista. You can't help but smile and have a good day when you see that face!

8 comments:
This was one of my fave posts. That's way funny you feel like you are at the dentist. I can just imagine the drill sound...ohhhh...the pain.
cool. I'm glad you can come to the reunion too.
I am so glad you updated your post. It made my heart happy to see and read. And I loved the tooth analogy.
Okay so Joseph would LOVE to be there and listen to the drill. He LOVES that sound. Enough that he actually rewinds Finding Nemo and listens to it when the dentist is drilling. He says it is music to his ears...one of the best sounds in the world. I don't know where I found him. He's looney I know.
You are a wonderful lady. I sure miss you. Good analogy my friend! Owen's adorable!
I'm glad that you found our blog! Blogging is such a fun way to keep in touch with people that you probably normally wouldn't! And thank you for the sympathy with the naked girl...it was traumatizing I tell ya! It looks like everything is going great in your life! Is that your fiancee in those pictures?!
Roomie! I am sorry I am so bad at the blog-commenting thing. I hardly ever get around to posting stuff on my own! haha thats a funny story I havent heard that one yet! And that Alejandro cant possibly be as bad as a certain person you and I both know that comes into the bank...haHA!
This was such a cute post. I like to hear the day-to-day stuff.
hi dear! do you remember me?? or, I guess, do you remember us! :) ?? we used to be little institute buddies back in the day! looks like you are happy and doing well! xoxox
Post a Comment