Well I know a few of you have already heard the dreadful...yet pretty comical story of my forever gone cell phone, but since this is somewhat of a journal for me, I've decided to blogify it.
Friday night, Dave and I were moving a few more things into his new apartment using his Dad's big truck. When we got there to drop off the last load, Dave just pulled up next to the curb so it would be easy to unload. I had been sitting in the middle so I went to get out his door (closest to the curb). Now I need to clue you in I was wearing approximately 6 inch heels. So since I was wearing these I couldn't exactly jump out of the truck or I would currently have two busted ankles. So I slid. Silly me forgot I had my cell phone in my butt pocket and as I slid, it was sliding out of my pocket. When I hit the ground...it also did. And what was below me you ask? A STORM DRAIN!!!
So in panic I looked to the ground in the darkness and Dave calmly asked me, "Did it go fall down there?" I at this time, was slightly freaking out, and I could see a light way down at the bottom of the drain so I was confident that it had, and also pretty ticked....So I walked away and what did I do? You guessed it... kicked it right down the drain!!! It had been next to my foot the whole time! Oh dear.. I am now fine with it because I made quite the upgrade :)
The lovely storm drain looked something like this...except in the darkness...and not with all that gross goo...
This would be my old phone...
And this is my new beauty....:) Oh and since I dropped it down the lovely drain...I wasn't able to get any numbers...so if you would all be so kind to text me your numbers again so we can still be friends that would be great! :)



4 comments:
oh of all the luck eh? nice upgrade though. I got an upgrade too...finally.
That's so funny. I love how you always add inserts about your heels in your blog. I think my running shoes are my only flats so I feel for you.
That is a super intense way to get rid of your phone... I mean really. Atleast your old phone went out in glory! I miss you little girl.
haha funny! please do come to logan! i would love a day of beauty and catching up with you!
Post a Comment