12.07.2008

Fun filled Christmasy weekend! :)

We had such a FUN FILLED weekend! I LOVE CHRISTMAS! My moms birthday was on Thursday so Dave and I decided it would be fun if they came down and met us for some fun. We started off by eating at the oh so yummy Cheesecake Factory. Mmm so good just thinking about it. After that we headed to The Forgotten Carols. We had never been before and it was so good. I highly recommend it! The songs are amazing!! My parents ended up staying in a hotel in Provo that night so they could do some serious Christmas Shopping the next day down here. We got to meet them for lunch as well at California Pizza Kitchen. They sure did spoil us!


Me and the best parents ever at intermission :)


And me and the best boy ever :)

Later Saturday, Dave and I headed up to Sandy to Jordan Commons for a movie and then to the Festival of Trees. There are some pretty darn creative people there. We were amazed by a few of them. You are about to see PLENTY of photos of our favorites in no real order. :)




I of course liked these little guys. You can't really tell but they were Hershey's Chocolate trees :)



This is out of order..but this is a HUGE gingerbread house...or fortress really! It was pretty cool!



BYU vs Utah trees..the Utes may have one the game, but the cougar tree is cooler :)



I loved the colors of this one and all the craziness. Don't mind that random child with their sweatshirt tied around their armpits... just a little 80's flashback for ya..



This one was made of one of my other favorite things...SHOES!



Of course there had to be a Twilight tree :) You can't really tell but each vampire has an ornament, and there are different bloody things..



This tree had a huge crowd around it. It and its surrounding trees lit up to music.And it was made out of something cool too..



Although there is an ugly flag behind it...this one was one of my favorites! Made of golf clubs! Watch out Annalisa, Clayton will probably want to do this next year :)



Hm...I had to get a pic of this one for Brooke. Super cute!




Palm trees...very creative..




I knew Nichole and Eddie would like this one. There were quite a few fireman trees.




Definitely one of my favorites, this one was decorated with all different pez dispensers. :) I wonder if they all had pez in them....



And of course me and the best looking boy there :)


We of course had to finish it off with a stop at one of our favorite places...CROWN BURGER! Yum. We love their Onion Rings. Tasty!


mmmmm...


Haha...we love them :)

3 comments:

Krista said...

wow. are you christmased out yet! I love all the pics of the different trees. I felt like I was there checking out all the different varieties. Nice pics at thanksgiving too. It was good to see some different shots then what I only had. I remember the days of hitting two houses on thanksgiving. Oh wait that was last year. :)

The Johnsons said...

I am jealous. I want to go to the Festival of Trees to look instead of sing with Talent Sprouts...or TaVaCi as you know it. But can you imagine the boys there! Did you see the one with the bikes? That guy they made it for was my math teacher. Also thanks a lot for reminding me of Crown Burger! It is so wonderful and we don't have anything like it that we have found. Only McDonald's and Burger King! :(

Shannon said...

I had to laugh at the twilight tree! Maybe I should remember that for next year, that would not be obsessive at all would it?! We just went to the Forgotten carols too, so fun! Call me when you come to brigham for the holidays, lets do lunch:)