We made it to 2010! Wahoo! 2009 was a fun...stressful...crazy year full of a lot of "in with the NEW" and I wouldn't change it for the world! So in honor of the busy year, we have made a list of...
Things We Learned in 2009!
- Getting engaged in Maui at Sunset, under a rainbow...followed by dinner on the beach...was one of Dave's best ideas yet!
- Going "shooting" is not as redneck-ish as I always thought. I love it!
- Throwing water balloons from a moving truck at complete strangers can make you laugh so hard you cry.
- Jet skis are some of the funnest toys ever!
- Planning a wedding makes you learn how to make decisions!
- Nauvoo really is as amazing as everyone says. LOVED it!
- Standing on a 25 ft cliff...in a rainstorm...at sunset...in your wedding dress...covered in mosquitoes...is totally worth the picture results!
- July 23rd really is the hottest day of the year!
- Orlando has very few white people...it is probably the most multi-cultural place I have ever been!
- Babysitting a 2 year old in a room at the Trump Tower with no Disney Channel can change your feelings about Las Vegas...(I still love him Annalisa)
- Being newlyweds is the BEST!
- Living in a hotel for 2 1/2 months..is not as fun as you dreamed when you were 6 years old.
- Being "homeless", it doesn't take long to have a favorite at every fast food restaurant known to man.
- Getting a mortgage is one of the longest, most stressful experiences of your life!
- Air Mattress=worst bed ever....Air Mattress+ Memory Foam Pad= not too shabby :)
- Sawing your doorknob off instead of calling a locksmith when you get locked out of your house in progress...excellent idea.
- Having a home together to call your own...best feeling ever :)
- Guitar Hero is the best and should always be the first thing you move into your new house...after the air mattress of course.
- Finding a hairstylist near you that can give you a much needed update feels fantastic. Thanks AMY! (If you need someone, I promise you will love her!)
- My cupcake decorating skills can not be topped!
- Being able to cook in your own house can make you feel like a much better wife.
- It is possible to fall more in love every single day.
- Black Friday holds an indescribable rush...even if you have to work for 9 hours that day after waking up at 2 am
- The Biggest Loser is the best show out there. Jillian is my idol.
- If you are going to make a homemade gift for Christmas...you should start sooner..rather than later...
- Thinking of/finding 365 quotes is not as simple as it sounds
- Volunteering to "doggysitt" a new, un-potty trained puppy in your brand new house, is not wise
- DVR's and refrigerator water dispensers are my 2 favorite inventions...
We have LOVED making it through the fun and the crazy of 2009 and are excited to head into 2010!
More posts and pictures of the latest happenings to come soon!
6 comments:
You're right about the cliff, mosquitos and the storm being worth the picture!! I was so worried I was gonna fall off that cliff and never quite make it to my wedding! Can't wait to see some picture of the latest happenings!!
You are such a sweetheart! I don't mind at all :)
I am going to need a lesson on these cupcakes!!!
P.S. I TOTALLY agree about falling more and more in love everyday
Um ok it is still my dream to live in a hotel... you are so lucky. Who wouldn't want to live where you can use as many towels as you want, there is never ending ice, and someone else makes your bed for you?!
PS sorry about the being homeless part though. That might suck a little. :)
wow you learned all those things??! Amazing. I'm happy the home loan went through. You must be having fun setting up house.
I liked reading through all you lessons learned. you make me giggle.
Where does amy work?
Post a Comment