Wow look at me go. Two days in a row...very impressive! As I said yesterday Dave and I got to go to the UVUphoria on Monday night. After reserving our awesome seats on the baseball field we headed up to the booths and grabbed some excellent costa vida and some much needed water. It was SO hot. Then the fun began. They started with a thing called "UVU's Got Talent"...which was ok. Random students or people of Orem performed their talents and then judges voted. Then the actual greatness began. :) It started off with Josh Gracin who was SO good. As I mentioned yesterday he reached out and grabbed my hand...ah star struck moment.... Then unfortunately while we waited for Colin Raye they decided we needed to be entertained and brought out a Neil Diamond impersonator from Vegas...shiny shirt, gross hair and all. Oh dear is all I have to say about that. He was followed by Colin Raye who I love. I grew up listening to him in our car on our long drives to California.... my sister and I even have actions to one of the songs..that yes i performed while he sang. It was so good. Last but not least was Joe Nichols. He of course was amazing as well but he comes with a funny story. For his last song he sang his classic "Tequila makes her clothes come off"...well one of the "wild" fans took him a little to seriously and threw her bra up and it hooked right on the mike stand...Joe as well as everyone else was pretty shocked. And they weren't even serving Tequila! Following all the talent there were some wonderful fireworks to count us down to UVSC officially becoming UVU! Wahoo!
Here I am standing to the side of the huge crowd. Don't worry our seats were much closer than this! It was AWESOME!
Here is crazy Dave Harris, Dave's best pal and his funny shirt.
Sometimes Dave gets a little too close and Jarid is not a big fan...what a weirdo! His favorite thing to do is make people feel akward. He is very straight though just in case you were questioning it.
The whole gang cooking in the sun waiting for the fun to begin.
Dave and I after a long night of so much fun! Yay UVU!
No comments:
Post a Comment