1.25.2009

The very BEST part of Maui....

So I decided I would save the best part for its own special post. It was by far my favorite part of the whole trip...the best day ever...and a COMPLETE SURPRISE........


I'M ENGAGED!!!!!!!!!! :):):):)
I am the happiest little lady on the planet right now. It was a complete surprise. Before we left to go to Hawaii, Dave told me that they would't be able to have my ring done till mid February because it was so custom. So as exciting as that would be to have as a proposal story, I was ok with it.
So on Thursday, Dave told me that after the boys went out for some golfing, he wanted to go check out some random Hawaii property that he found...in dreams of a future Hawaii home. He knew I wanted to do some shopping as well so we threw that in the mix. I was a little surprised and very excited when his dad randomly told us we could take the home owners beautiful new convertible. I just figured it was an added bonus! :)

Me and the beautiful convertible....
So we cruised around a little in the convertible and then Dave pulled up to a piece of land where I was greeted with this...

I absolutly love rainbows and was very excited. It was so pretty and Dave got the perfect picture. So I was a very happy camper...little did I know how much happier I would soon be. So we got out of the car and Dave walked me over to a little cliffish ledge that overlooked this...


Oh my gosh it was so beautiful...perfect 80 degrees..a slight breeze...ahh I wish I was still there... So he sat me down while he ran back to the car to grab his backpack with the camera in it


Me just waiting patiently....still completely clueless of what Dave is really doing back at the car...



At least I was enjoying myself....
So then it was photo time. Dave loves photography and is an amazing photographer ( as you can see in the paradise post below) and wanted to snap some cool shots of me...and us with the view. So I modeled away...still totally clueless :)





After this pic we took a few others. Right when the sun started to set, Dave went to set the timer on his camera...this time taking a little longer than before, but I was too busy soaking in the view to notice. We took a picture right at sunset of us hugging...and then I just kept hugging Dave. He kept starting to say something...but little old me just kept blabbing away about random things. Finally he got me to stop blabbing long enough to talk. He said cute things like how happy we were together and how he loved that I was his....and then he knelt down and said "and I was wondering if you would be mine forever?" AHHH! :):) I about died! Little did I know he had the ring box in his hand on my back ever since he had set the camera timer! I of course jumped up and down and said "YES"!!!!!



I love him! :)



Dave picking me up to hug me in the sunset right after he asked...definitely my new favorite picture...:)
After hugging him to death and staring at my perfect dream ring forever...we drove down to take a walk on the beach and a few more photos.


Lahaina...
Then came the next surprise where he told me he had made reservations at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse! Steak is one of my absolutle favorite foods and this place is SO NICE. It was right on the beach. SOO romantic!



So we got to enjoy a yummy meal together and then we were greeted back at the house by...


The whole gang...
who only two of them actually knew it had happened. They loved our surprise and Annalisa had bought us some Sparkling Cider to celebrate!
It was the most surprising....romantic...perfect...dream of a proposal I could ever ask for. I love every single detail of it. Dave also designed my ring and it is AMAZING! Love it! I just stare at it all day long. I love you W! :)
Oh and ps...the date has been set for July 23rd so keep your calendars open!!!

21 comments:

Shandi and James said...

LOVE IT!!! Oh my heck the rainbow scene is gorgeous!!! I am such a boob, I started getting teary eyed when I read it. Your ring is gorgeous also, it's huge! And I can't believe you went to Ruth Chris! It is amazing! I have only been there once, but you are spoiled! Well I can't wait to be at your wedding bestest cousin of mine. Love ya

Lyndsi said...

Congratulations Michelle!!! I'm so excited for you guys. Wow...what an engagement story! You lucky lucky girl. And that is a BEAUTIFUL rock on your finger! Congrats!!!

The Johnsons said...

Congratulations! Even though I have told you many times already! :) From the picture I love your ring! :)

Kelsey said...

Very pretty. I love it! What an adventure. Have fun planning!

Krista said...

great pics guys. I'm excited for your future ahead and I can definitely tell that you love my brother. Keep us posted with the wedding details too. I think this is an ideal wedding proposal too. good job dave.

Stef said...

That is awesome!!! I love the pics!!! So pretty! And I am happy for you!

Jami West said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is so awesome! I am so happy for you Michelle!! YAY!!!

Savanna said...

Congrats, we are so excited for you guys. Marriage is awesome, you will love it!

Anonymous said...

HOORAY!!! I am so so happy for you. And the fact that it took place in Hawaii? You are a lucky lady and I am so so happy for you!!

Now I want to see the ring please.

Salony said...

Michelle!!! Randomly decided to check your blog and Bam! YOU'RE ENGAGED!! I'm so excited for you, married life is great! Congratulation!!

Unknown said...

YOU MADE ME CRY! HOW WONDERFUL! Congratulations! What a great story! I love it :)

Annalisa said...

I love hearing all the details! I'm so glad you wrote it down so you'll always remember it.

Veater Family said...

Michelle...I am so happy for you. You are an amazing girl and I can tell you have a great guy to let you know it. What a great beginning to a beautiful relationship.

StephanieRose said...

I have a new blog... long story.. here is a link to it.

Unknown said...

Hey this is Ashley...Dave's cousin. I heard you were engaged from Annalisa's blog and she said you had the juicy details here. I hope you don't mind but I couldn't resist. It sounds like it was just magical. The pictures are breath-taking. That is so awesome that you were able to document every moment with pictures even before you even knew what was happening!! I'm so happy for you both. You seem like the perfect match. Welcome to the extended fam!! Congrats and I LOVE the ring it is gorgeous!!

johnnyboy said...

Dude, you totally just got me out of summer scout camp! Rock on! So, Dave is going to buy that property for you guys right? Because it's really pretty and it looks fairly inexpensive :)

Seriously, congrats. We love having you in the family. I liked reading that story b/c I hadn't really visualized "how" he had popped the question. What a stud. We wish you guys the best.

-j

Anonymous said...

Hey!!!!!

Welcome to our family.....
it's your new mother in law!!! we are soo excited about you two. I just loved the moment by moment
photo's. You are just the very best Michelle! Honestly .... we are just soaking all this in. We love you, We love you!

love Dorte and Lynn your new in laws

tiffany nicole said...

congratulations you two! (i found your blog from a link on krista's post.) yay! i'm so excited for you guys and that i got to read all about it :)

tiffany

Mckade.Stacie.Navie said...

You little butt head! I didn't even know! Im SO SO SO SO SO happy for you I cant believe it! Its about time lady! Im WAY excited! Good job to him! I need better pictures of the ring! :)

Annika said...

Finally! Someone who shares my hatred of applesauce!!! yay! Congrats. That sounds like the perfect proposal! Ahhhh....

Chance & Leslee Lundgren said...

YAYA... THIS TOTALLY MADE ME CRY ALMOST MICHELLE!! I am so happy for you girl! I am here if you need any help ok :) Love ya!