2.18.2009

Road Trip to the South...with a side of bling :)

Well we headed down south in search of warmth for the 3 day weekend...we didn't exactly find any as you can see by the snow...but it was still a lot of fun! We watched some movies, enjoyed the hot tub, went to the St. George Parade of Homes, and explored a little of Zion Canyon. I wish everyday was a paid holiday! Bless you Presidents! :)


Dave and I with Angels Landing....in the SNOW. Its supposed to be hot there!!

Haha...we entertained ourself for quite some time posing for jumping pictures. They never get old. This is Dave's bro Michael and Dave. Gotta love that form!


Ha I LOVE this one...Michael is doing a lovely toe touch while little does he know Dave is karate kicking him....


You could say we were happy to be there :)



Oh dear...then we found these three little poles by each other that were calling our names for a balancing act. It was definitely nerve racking to know if I fell off it was on ice...and of course I was wearing heels like always. I would say we have some sweet skills though..
Like I said we also headed to the lovely St. George Parade of Homes. Some of these homes are nuts. Full Basketball courts...raquetball courts...balance beams...is that really necessary?! These were some of our favorite features in the homes...




We LOVE these windows overlooking the pool. Someday we will put them in our Hawaii house...:)...AMAZING.



This pool was definitely a little over done. You could go through a whole tunnel by that dudes face and there was another pool and hot tub inside with a plasma tv. I would hate to clean all of that!



We also loved this rock work in the living room. Different but I likey :)


I liked the view from this pool and how they made the rocks surrounding it look like the rock view behind it.



Me and a random road runner thingy..:)



Ok so whoever thought of this idea was GENIUS...this is a LCD TV fused behind the mirror. So while you are brushing your teeth...you can check out somebody elses teeth on tv. :) It doesnt have to be in your way on the counter or anything. I would LOVE one of these.



Seriously...who needs that many light switches and how would you keep track of which did what?! My parents make fun of me for still not knowing which switch does what in our kitchen...and there are only 3!




I loved the stenciling in this house. It made the rooms so detailed and matchy matchy :)



Um...thats crazy Michael...at least you can see he has all his teeth :)




Sneaking up on Dave...:) I sure do love him :)


I have received some serious talking to's and lectures about why the heck I didn't put a close up of my bling for you all to see on my proposal post...so there you go! And yes I still stare at it all day everyday. LOVE IT! :) Wedding plans are coming right along and we are having a lot of fun with it!


:)

9 comments:

Veater Family said...

Love it!

Annalisa said...

Those are funny pictures of you guys. I'm glad you had fun even though it was cold.

Krista said...

I love the jumping and pole pics. made me laugh. That would be way fun to go to the parade of homes there too and check out the crazy goods in those houses.

Annika said...

I think I just found a new pasttime...jumping pictures. I think I could have some fun with those. :) your ring is GORGEOUS!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Michelle, your ring is more than bling, it's BLING!!!!! It is beautiful, and so is the wearer! Can't wait to see you guys in July!!!

Love ya both!

Grandma and Grandpa Hames

Anonymous said...

P.S. I am a dork, I can never remember my password!

Grandma

Shandi and James said...

You spoiled spoiled girl! You are always going fun places, no fair :) So I think we should go see confessions of a shop-a-holic and dinner... or maybe that is too much crammed into one evening. Let me know what you think.

Sarahn, Cade, Memphis, and Dempsey said...

Haloo!!! Congrats! Being married is the BEST! I love the St. George Parade of Homes. I just went--but we only saw 5 dang houses because the little man got too sad. :( Sheesh. I shuttered at those light switches!

tiffany nicole said...

hilarious! i love the oh dear. . . and then there were these three poles. . .