This is a TRUE STORY....
I have told many of you before that I meet and see a lot of..."interesting" people at the bank. Whether its random extreme fashion emergencies jogging by....a large man in a wheel chair wearing a clown costume rolling by....or a man starting a special savings entitled "anti gravity" in order to save up for his wife to get a face lift...working at a bank is quite the adventure. I could tell you very comical TRUE stories for hours! Well this latest one definitely belongs at the top of the list of "are you kidding me?" moments....
Last Friday during a busy day of processing loans a guy walked up to my desk. Now you should know I work near the BYU campus...so it is expected that most of the people coming in will be relatively smart...think again! ( no offense to the cougar kids...I know a lot of smart ones like my brother :) ) Anyway...this kid...about 24 ish... looked pretty smart and pretty normal...which is sometimes a shocker there. He walked up to my desk and the following conversation took place...
College Smarty Pants: "Hey can I deposit this?"
Me: ...By this time of the day I was pretty much in robot mode where I just spit out the usual lines of "Sure! Do you know your account number?"
College Smarty Pants: tells me his account number...
I type it in...and then I reach for the "item to deposit" and this is what is on the desk in front of me....
Seriously?! I almost bust up laughing...but he didnt even have a hint of a joke on his face. He was DEAD serious.
Me: slightly concerned "What did you want to deposit?"
College Smarty Pants: sliding it closer to me..in a very serious voice "Just $20"
He had no clue what I knew and probably every other person on the planet over 4 years old.
Me: trying to be nice and not point and laugh "Do you have the rest of it?"
College Smarty pants: ....No I can't find that part...but this is good enough right?!
Me: ....uh no...see ya later genius ...don't worry I just thought that last part...
This is 100% true...I about died of shock and laughter after he left on his cell phone telling the person on the other line "Dude, they wouldn't accept it...what the heck am I going to do now?"
Some people are SO SMART!
8 comments:
So your sayin' it doesn't work. So what should I do with my half?? He he he ha ha ha LOL!!
haha people are so nuts huh? That is so funny...I felt that way when I worked at the nursing home...haha! When is the big day by the way? Thats so exciting!
Haha! Oh wow... Some people are so smart! So I am wanting fake teeth now to replace these dreaded brackets :(
I can't believe you would write this about me Michelle!! I'm your friend. Come on. Ha ha... just kidding. That is seriously too funny that he was serious about it! What's even funnier is that you took a picture of it and blogged it :-)
It makes you wonder sometimes where these people are from?? Another planet or what!
Grandma Underwear (can't wait until July 27th!!!!)
HAHAHA. Oh man. I just laughed so hard then told my roommate and she laughed so hard. Thank you for sharing...
Oh wow. That is hilarious! And I so love your jumping pictures!
AHHHHH.. basically.. I dont miss that! AND I'm not suprised!
Post a Comment