4.23.2009

Sunshine...Love...A Potential Robbery...and 3 Cute Boys...

Yes I am well aware I have been a very big blog slacker. Tomorrow will mark a month of blogging void in my life. We really have had a life and a lot of fun...I guess I just haven't been feeling it. I do have 4 fabulous things to share today though...ok 3 fabulous...1 really freaky... we will start with the good....
1- I LOVE the sun. I swear weather like this makes me 10 times happier. It does definitely suck that I have to look at it out the window all day while I'm at work instead of getting to play in it...but just being able to drive with the window down...pure bliss. My coworker and I are already planning how we are going to situate a chair in the parking lot to do some tanning on our lunch break. I'm sure the lovely asphalt will help me get that sun kissed glow I'm going for :)
2- I LOVE LOVE LOVE this AMAZING and pretty darn hot boy.....


and we will be HITCHED in 3 months from today!!! :):):) WAHOO! If you can't tell I'm just a tiny bit excited...:) I swear I have constant butterflies these days....can I just say I love being in love?...Ok I am done being cheesy now...on to number 3
3- I almost got robbed on Monday. Yes you read that correctly. It was one of the scariest like pure shock moments I have had. I was chillin in the dirty south at my branch when this old school 4 runner pulled up in front of our building. A girl that was probably about 18 ish got out of the passenger side sporting her Count Chocula shirt complete with Camo belt (I told you we meet some ...odd...folks here) and headed in the branch while at the same time her lover got out of the drivers seat and walked around to the back of the 4 runner. She came in and just wanted to cash a check. She seemed a little shady because she was just looking around everywhere.

About 10 seconds after she came in President Bateman came in...bless that man! When he walked in I glanced up and saw that Count Choculas lover had gone to his trunk to retrieve this..

For those of you who are like me and not too gun-savvy like me...this is an AK 47...and he was holding it in his hands just chillin in the driver seat staring into the branch. You may ask how I know what kind it was...Pres. Bateman is apparently gun-savvy and clued me in after the girl left....
So Camo Chocula goes and gets back in the car..and I started helping President Bateman. He leans over me so you probably couldn't even see me from the outside and says "that man has an AK 47" ...way to make me not nervous at all! He told me not to worry about it because if he pointed it at us he would be sure to stand in front of me. Wow.

Now as a side note...who knows why I hadn't called the police or anything...I think I was in shock.
The whole time I helped President Bateman they just sat in there car...just like they were waiting for him to leave...but LUCKILY about 4 cars all with big strong men pulled up and came in the bank all at the same time..which must've scared them away. PHEW!
I later called the police. She said when she contacted the man he said it was a paintball gun...but he will be fined if he is seen here again with it.
She clued me in on the fact that that is the new thing to do. People are too poor to actually buy real guns, so they are using paintball or air soft guns. They figure if they are robbing someone...the person with the gun pointed at them is probably not going to ask "Hey, is that a real gun?" So we are safe and sound in the dirty south now...but I am prepared to call 911 now...even if I just suspect something. Gotta love the dirty south!

Anyway that is my drama story...I'm glad it was just a paintball gun...we think...but still freaky!
On a happier note.. I get to see these CUTE boys in 9 days! :)



So here is to not slacking on the ol blogging anymore...I am loving life....LOVING my amazing fiance....and the wonderful SUN! :)

2 comments:

Krista said...

dude that would be so freaky with the gun! That Brother Bateman sounds like a pretty nice brother. You'll probably be trigger happy now to call the cops whenever you sense anything is wrong

StephanieRose said...

What a scary story. A very scary story indeed. I can't wait for our lunch dates and your wedding!